Hemodialysis And Peritoneal Dialysis Market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 6.61% from 2022 to 2030.
The global hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis market size is expected to reach USD 156.53 billion by 2030, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 6.61% from 2022 to 2030. The increasing incidence of renal diseases, coupled with the noteworthy growth in the geriatric population, has fueled the demand for hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis globally. Moreover, growing funding for the development of new products will provide a lucrative scenario for the market.
Over the recent past, the COVID-19 pandemic has been associated with surges in hospitalization and infection hotspots around the country. The pandemic led to a growth in demand for Renal Replacement Therapy (RRT) globally owing to the higher prevalence of comorbid conditions, such as Chronic Kidney Diseases (CKD), diabetes, and hypertension. The demand for dialysis machines surged significantly during this period. As per a research study published in the American Society of Nephrology, the demand for dialysis machines required to manage the cases of AKI amplified by 279% over baseline during the spring of 2020 in New York City.
Hemodialysis And Peritoneal Dialysis Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis market based on type, product, end use, and region:
Based on the Type Insights, the market is segmented into Hemodialysis and Peritoneal Dialysis.
- The hemodialysis segment dominated the market with a revenue share of over 85.0% and is expected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. In addition, the hemodialysis segment is further fragmented into conventional, short daily hemodialysis, and nocturnal hemodialysis.
- Peritoneal dialysis is further sub-segmented into Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis (CAPD) and Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis (APD). The rising number of ESRD patients, a surge in the geriatric population suffering from kidney diseases, and the rising prevalence of diabetes and hypertension are significant factors driving the segment.
- Hemodialysis involves the use of a hemodialyzer to remove extra and waste fluids and chemicals from the body. The blood comes into contact with dialysate as it passes through the filter, which is similar to bodily fluid except for the presence of impurities.
Based on the Product Insights, the market is segmented into Device, Consumables and Services.
- The service segment dominated the market with a share of over 55.0%. This can be attributed to an increase in the number of dialysis service providers and an increase in the prevalence of ESRD. In addition, several key dialysis service providers are looking to expand their service offerings by opening and purchasing new dialysis centers throughout the world, which is expected to boost segment growth.
- Technological advancements and initiatives undertaken by various manufacturers are expected to further boost market growth. For instance, in February 2021, DaVita incorporated a secure telehealth technology, DaVita Care Connect, into its home dialysis sector.
- The consumables segment is expected to expand at the highest CAGR of 6.8% during the forecast period. Significant investments from the governments to enhance patient safety, patient-centered care, and efficacy are expected to support the segment growth over the forecast period.
Based on the End-use Insights, the market is segmented into Home-based and Hospital-based.
- The hospital-based segment dominated the market with a share of over 80.0%. The segment is likely to maintain its lead in the coming years because of the significant availability of highly qualified and experienced healthcare personnel in the hospitals.
- The home-based segment is expected to expand at the highest CAGR of 7.6% during the forecast period. Home dialysis has various advantages, including increased quality of life, lower travel costs, flexibility, and easier patient mobility, which will enhance its adoption rate in the next years.
- The development of smaller dialysis machines that can be put on a nightstand as well as easier blood tubing and dialyzer connections have resulted in a growing number of patients preferring this mode of dialysis to maintain their independence and high functional status.
Hemodialysis And Peritoneal Dialysis Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
The key market players are focusing on the launch of innovative products, growth strategies, and technological advancements. For instance, in October 2019, Fresenius Medical Care received a breakthrough device designation by the U.S. FDA for its new hemodialysis machine that aims to stop blood clotting without the use of any medication. Additionally, few key players are introducing technologically advanced products to achieve a competitive advantage in the industry. Advancements in the market are anticipated to boost the market growth over the forecast period.
Some prominent players in the Global Hemodialysis And Peritoneal Dialysis market include:
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Fresenius Medical Care AG
- Asahi Kasei Medical Co., Ltd.
- Nipro Corp.
- Nikkiso Co., Ltd.
- Cantel Medical
Order a free sample PDF of the in Hemodialysis And Peritoneal Dialysis Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research. n